Call for Papers
The MASCOTS conference encourages original submissions describing state-of-the-art research in the areas of the performance evaluation of computer systems and networks.
Papers describing results of theoretic and/or practical significance are solicited. Experimental, modeling, and simulation studies are all in the scope of the conference. Work presenting novel performance evaluation methods or providing insights on design and runtime management tradeoffs are particularly encouraged.
Broad topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Big data and machine learning techniques for performance analysis and management
- Computer architectures, multi-core processors, and memory systems
- Computer networks, protocols, and algorithms
- Databases and big data systems and technologies
- Distributed and cloud computing
- Energy efficient computer systems
- Mobile systems
- Multimedia systems
- Operating systems and virtualization
- Security in computer and communication systems
- Smart grids and cyber-physical systems
- Social networks
- Storage and file systems
- Web systems, enterprise applications and web services
- Wireless, mobile, ad-hoc, and sensor networks
Submissions must be formatted using two-columns and may be at most 10 pages in length, including all tables, figures, and appendices, but not including references. You may include any number of pages for references. Unsuccessful full paper submissions, where appropriate, will automatically be considered for publication as short papers.
Authors with a contribution for which a full paper is not appropriate may submit short papers of at most 6 pages, not including references, with the same formatting guidelines as full papers. You may include any number of pages for references. Short papers may describe original or unconventional ideas at a preliminary stage of development, negative results, experimental validations, or original results that do not require a full-length paper.
Further details on formatting instructions and the HotCRP submission link are provided on the Submit page.
ScheduleAbstract submission deadline: April 9, 2017
Paper submission deadline: April 11, 2017 (***FIRM***)
Acceptance Notification: June 9, 2017
Final Camera-ready: July 7, 2017
Conference: September 20-22, 2017